Friday, February 21, 2014

The Letter "Ss" was our new letter this week and will be next week also.  I introduced to the 4-5 year olds this week what a rhyming word is.  After they put together a rhyming puzzle on the floor we took the pictures from it and started learning words that rhyme.  (Goat, coat, pig, wig, snake, cake, and many many others).
Then I had each student stand and tell us a word that rhymed with his/her name.  They had a lot of fun experimenting with their names.  We painted the letter C and you will see the completion of this when we have our graduation program in April.

In the 3-4 and 4-5 classes when we completed tracing our letter and writing our names we had wonderful snacks that were brought my the assigned child/parent.  We then played games together and the children had so much fun together interacting and playing these games. We are still working on right foot and left foot.  If you get a chance at home please help your child distinguish the difference.

Monday Feb. 24 there will be no school because my husband has his EKG test.  I apologize for this inconvenience.  Thank you again for your patience.

Ms Emily, my intern from BYU-I is here for another month.  In utilizing her better, I have decided to cut the class in 1/2 and have her help teach the children three different subjects while I am teaching the other group of children 3 others different subjects.  We will call them learning centers and between the 2 of us we will be teaching the children in groups of 6 for 5 minutes at a time each new subject.  We will be covering our letters; cutting with scissors; reviewing sight words; reading; sounds/identifying alphabet upper & lower case; shapes; months of the year; days of the week; rhyming words;  and our theme for the month -manners.  All of this in just 30 minutes. This will help work more individually with each child with the small groups and then I will be able to see where individually each child needs help in or not. I am excited to see how good this will be for each child and I will let you know about your own child to see where he/she may need a little extra help in at home.    


0 comments:

Post a Comment