Sunday, September 29, 2013

Just a reminder..even though we have spud harvest this week I will be teaching on Monday and Tuesday (Sept. 30, & Oct 1) regular times, after which, there will be no preschool until Oct. 9th.  Please make sure your payment is in by the 1rst so you will avoid a late fee.  Thank you.

Flamingo, fruit, football, fish, feet, fingers, fun were just some of the words the children came up with this week while learning about the letter "F".  Making fruit loop necklaces, and watching a fire safety video was fabulous and fun too.  I think the best part was after watching the video the firemen came from our Rexburg Fire Department crawling into the preschool room.  I wanted the children to experience what it would be like if they were ever caught in a fire and what the firemen really look and sound like.  The firemen told the children to learn the emergency number 911 and to also know their address; to never touch matches and if they see matches to let their parent know.  After the firemen left I had each child learn to Stop, drop, and roll.  I think they had a great time and feel prepared if something like this should ever happen.

I am blown away at how each mother is helping their child learn their sight words.  It helps me so much to continue teaching even more words to them.  In kindergarten they need to have 40 sight words memorized - I believe these children are going to learn about half in preschool - maybe more. Thank you so much for your continued support!


0 comments:

Post a Comment